Note: these rules were forwarded to Florida Stock Car Racing by a caring fan of Florida racing in order to aid drivers. To ensure you have the most current ste of rules and any changes please contact New Smyrna Speedway at 904-427-4129. These rules ar only valid for Orlando Speedworld and New Smyrna Speedway
ORLANDO SPEEDWORLD AND NEW SMYRNA SPEEDWAY
1999 LATE MODEL RULES
NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS
THE GENERAL RULES OF THE TRACK APPLY.
THE TRACK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES
FOR THE SAFETY OF THE CLASS
CARS: Any American made car, 1982 or newer. Wheelbase will be a minimum of 101
inches. Wheelbase does not have to be stock model.
SAFETY: (All Safety Rules Apply. See General Rules)
1. Approved roll cage is MANDATORY round steel minimum 1.66" x.090"
2. Drive shaft loop will be a 5" diameter steel loop, 1" wide and 1/4" thick securely mounted to the frame within 12" of front universal joint. DRIVE SHAFT MUST BE PAINTED WHITE.
3. Throttle tow strap or double return spring MANDATORY.
4. Must have a padded head rest with a minimum of 16 square inches.
5. Steering wheel center must be padded.
6. Ignition switch must be a push-pull type within easy reach of Driver. Must be clearly marked "IGNITION SWITCH" and show the on and off position. Aircraft type switch acceptable substitute if properly marked.
7. FUEL CELL: Scatter shield, FUEL CELL MANDATORY 22 gal. maximum,
with foam, must have check valve. 9" MINIMUM GROUND CLEARANCE
and rear protection bar minimum 1 1/4" .095 bar, 2 straps minimum 1"
width, surrounding the ENTIRE fuel cell. Fuel cells must be bolted
NO RIVETS - NO SHEET METAL SCREWS. Location of fuel cells MUST be
approved by Tech Inspector.
PUMP FUEL ONLY. NO ALCOHOL, NO ADDITIVES.
NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS
8. ON BOARD FIRE EXTINGUISHING SYSTEM WITH WORKING GAUGE MANDATORY.
9. A BATTERY DISCONNECT SWITCH IS MANDATORY AND MUST BE EASILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE SAFETY CREW AND DRIVER. "ON" AND "OFF" MUST BE LABELED CLEARLY TO BE SEEN BY THE SAFETY CREW FROM OUTSIDE THE CAR. Batteries will NOT be located in the Driver's compartment. Batteries and/or electrical connections must be a minimum of 18"from the fuel cell.
10. RADIATORS: Radiator must have a catch can mounted in front of engine firewall. ** Optional overflow on windshield" NO ANTIFREEZE.
1. Maximum engine size ... 358 c.i.
2. Engine size must be clearly painted on hood in 3" professional type lettering along with "9-1" indicating a 9 to 1 compression engine or "stock" indicating a stock/flat top engine. No designation will indicate high compression.
3.Cast iron OEM blocks only. NO aluminum blocks.
4. NO V-6 engines.
5. Ignition optional.
6. Intakes: No tunnel rams or two piece.
A. Stock/Flat TopOEM geometry heads only
B. 9-1 Compression(+/- 2 degrees)
C. High Compressionexample…GM-23 +/-2
8. Intake manifold /Carburetor Spacer…Optional…Carburetor & Air Box must fit
under hood with hood in normal stock appearing position. No holes or excessive
bubbles in hood. Exception: one rectangle hole at base of windshield for fresh air supply to carburetor, 3" x 18".
9. Carburetor: Stock, unmodified Holley carburetor. Absolutely NO MODIFICATIONS to alter air flow except as follows:
1. Choke plate may be removed.
2. Jets and power valve may be changed.
3. Air horn may be cut off(with square cut only).
A. High compression...Holly 500 cfm 2 barrel part no. 4412 or 390 cfm Holley 4 barrel part no. 6895.
B. 9-1 engine...Holley 390 cfm 4 barrel part no. 4779 or Holley 500 cfm. 2 barrel part no. 6895.
C. Stock/Flat Top...Holley 750 cfm 4 barrel part no. 4779 or Holley 390 cfm 4 barrel part no. 6895 or Holley 500 cfrn 2 barrel part no. 4412.
ALL CARBURETORS WILL BE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION
AND MUST PASS FASCAR GAUGES.
10. Stock/Flat Top engine specifications:
A. Pistons...Any flat top, may cut valve reliefs.
1. Deck Height...Pistons may not extend out of cylinder.
2. May be bored.
C. Cranks...Cast or steel production type only. Balancing permitted.
D. Cam...Any flat tappet or hydraulic cam. Solid or hydraulic lifters only. Stock diameter lifters; for block used. No roller or mushroom lifters.
E. Heads...Cast iron OEM production heads only. Max. value size (No titanium valves):
1. GMIntake 2.020" Exhaust 1.625"
2. FordIntake 2.046" Exhaust 1.656"
3. MoparIntake 2.020" Exhaust 1.625"
F. Rods...Any steel rod, NO aluminum, NO titanium.
"Part numbers must not be altered or removed from any part. Amy part with altered or missing part numbers will be considered illegal.
FUEL: FASCAR approved racing gasoline ONLY, NO nitro, NO alcohol, NO nitrous. NO additives of any kind.
WHEELS AND TIRES:
1. Wheels...10" steel racing wheels only. NO aluminum, NO magnesium.
2. Tires...Current FASCAR STAMPED AND TRACK APPROVED TIRES ONLY.
A. Tires must "punch" 48 minimum on the durometer - ALL 4 tires, at all times.
B. Tires qualified on will be the tires the race is started on.
C. Tire "change" rules during any event MUST be verified by a FASCAR Official. Special Races up to 125 laps-1 set of tires maximum, Special Races 200 laps or more-2 sets of tires maximum. (Tires may be changed if they are damaged and/or go flat-FASCAR Officials must approve change)
1. Engine location (NO Tolerance)
A. Front to Rear:
1. GM...2" maximum set back from center line of working upper ball joints to the center of front spark plug.
2. Ford & Mopar...3" maximum set back from center line of working upper ball joints to center of front spark plug.
2. Front end must be of A-frame type.
3. No adjustable shocks or suspensions that can be operated from inside the Driver's compartment.
4. Rear End...Quick change or floater mandatory. Rear end offset will be no more than 2" (NO CAMBERED OR OPEN TUBE REAR ENDS).
5. Transmission...Manual or Automatic with minimum 2 forward and 1 reverse working gears.
6. Clutch...Conventional type clutch assembly only. No in-out boxes. Must run scatter shield or racing multi-disk clutch. Maximum of 3 disks allowed. No clutch type transmissions.
7. Track width for both front and rear will be a maximum of 65" measured at the center of tires.
WEIGHT: NO TOLERANCE!!!
1. Total weight, measured after time trials and/or racing event;
A. Races of 31 green flag laps or longer:
1. High compression - 2850 pounds
2. 9-1 compression - 2800 pounds
3. Flat Top/Stock - 2750 pounds
Weights will be as the car leaves the track with no lost parts or weights added, Fuel cell will be allowed to be filled with racing fuel (max. 22 gal.), Nothing else added.
B. Time Trials:
1. All cars must meet their assigned minimum weight for that event before and/or after their time trials without adding any lost parts, weights or fluids, or qualifying time will not stand.
2. Maximum of 58.0% of the total weight of the car will be on the left side, checked at any time before, during or after time trials and/or racing event with Driver sitting in normal driving position with helmet and driving uniform.
3. In the spirit of equalizing competition, adjustments may be made to weight or carburetor as becomes necessary.
4. Any car not totally complying with these rules may be allowed to run with added weight penalty at the Technical Inspector's discretion.
1. Stock appearing bodies ONLY! Subject to verification with industry standard templates. See reference industry standard diagram in this Rule Book.
A. Stock appearing nose panels only.
B. Stock appearing rear bumper cover only.
C. Rear panel must be completely closed in.
D. Hood must fit relatively flat with no bubbles. One hole allowed 3" x 18" at base of windshield.
E. Window Openings ... All window opening dimensions must remain relatively standard for make and model as per reference measurements. No more than an 8" side vent window. Rear quarter windows may be closed in with lexan.
F. Front windshield and rear window MANDATORY.
1. Front windshield ... Minimum 1/8"LEXAN ONLY.
2. Rear window ... Minimum l/ 16" LEXAN ONLY
G. Roof height ... Minimum 47" (NO tolerance) measured at center of roof. No more than 1-1/2" rake from front to back/or back to front/or as per templates.
H. Ground clearances ... (without Driver) - See diagram in this Rule Book. 4" minimum, frame and body.
I. No jacking points inside of body are allowed.
1. Rear spoiler ... 5" x 60" (300 sq." maximum) single plane (1/4" top lip for stiffness, O.K.).
a. Height - 39" with 1" tolerance.
b. Bracing ... Single wire forward bracing or rear bracing allowed.
c. Must be attached within the rear most 4" of the rear deck.
d. Spoiler must not extend wider than body lines.
2. No other spoilers on, under or in car are allowed.
K. Rear deck lid must open without the use of tools (example hinged with wind force on spoiler to hold it down or industry standard hood pins).
L. Body rub rails allowed. Must be maximum 1" sq. tubing painted same color as car attached by welding or bolting with 3/8" carriage bolts.
M.Tires and wheels should stay inside body. FASCAR Officials discretion.
N. Interior ... Minimum 20 gauge material, steel strongly recommended. Interior compartment/front, bottom, rear firewall STEEL MANDATORY.
1. No obscene decals.
2. FASCAR, TRACK and SPONSOR'S decals are required to be on the race car at all times to be eligible for points, bonus monies or trophies provided by FASCAR and their sponsors.
1. All cars will go through technical inspection immediately after arriving at the speedway, with a cold engine. Items to be inspected are, but not limited to, carburetor, body, chassis, engine location, possible engine size.
A. Each car and Driver must be approved for competition prior to entering the race track.
2. Special Events:
A. CARS ARE REQUIRED TO FURNISH THEIR OWN SCORER FOR ANY EXTENDED LAP RACE
B. In the event time trials are not possible, the entire field will draw for positions.
C. Any event may be altered due to unforeseen circumstances, at the discretion of the FASCAR officials.
D. If 50% or more of the event has been run, the event will be considered complete.
A. Race Director ... Shall have control over all activities on the racing surface. He/She shall coordinate the positions of Flagman, Head Scorer, and any race track personnel.
B. Technical Inspector ... Shall have control over the technical inspection area, access roads to and from inspection area. He/She shall coordinate the activities of the technical inspectors working that event. He/She shall have the final decision on the legalities of any car or equipment.
C. Head Scorer ... Shall have control over the scoring of each event.
D. Race Drivers ... Shall be responsible for the conduct of His/Her crew. The Driver shall also be responsible for the legality of his/her car as well as complying with any penalties levied against the car and/or Driver and/or Crew.
THE RACE TRACK MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT
TO ADD OR DELETE RULES AT THEIR OPTION.
THEIR DECISION IS FINAL IN ALL CASES.
[JACK THIS PART DID NOT SCAN WELL - THERE IS ALSO A GRAPHIC SHOWING THE CAR AND POSITION OF EACH LETTER -ie B. Front over hand] [sugest we omit]
TRANS GRANDBUICK CHEVY19881992OLDS
GUIDELINE DIMENSIONS(INCHES)CAMARO AM PRIX REGAL LUMINA TBIRD TBIRDCUTLASS LeBARON
A. NOSE HEIGHT*19-1/2"2017-3/41617-1/216-3/4IS1716
B. FRONT OVER HAND(MAX.)43434343-1/243-5/8 41-3/84140
C. SIDE WINDOW OPENING(MAX.)14-3/414-3/415151515151515
D. REAR WINDOW LENGTH404029-3/422-5/8 23-1/2-27-1/426-5/824
D. REAR WINDOW ANGLE24202024
E. SIDE PANEL CLEARANCE(MIN.)444444444
F. OPENING UNDER BUMPER COVER(MAX.)151514131514141/2141/214
G. REAR OVERHANG43-1/243-1/2484947-1/251-1/4504847
H. ROOF HEIGHT(MIN.)474747474747474747
1. FENDER HEIGHT(AT REAR)32-1/232-1/232-1/232-1/2 32-1/232-1/2 32-1/2 32-1/234
J. DOOR HEIGHT(AT REAR)33-1/233-1/232-3/433-1/233-1/2 33-1/2 33-1/232-3/432-1/2
K. 9UARTER PANEL HEIGHT(AT REAR)34-1/234-1/234-1/234-1/2 34-1/234-1/2 34-1/2 34-1/235
L. WINDSHIELD ANGLE(AT CTR/AT*A*POST)272727/3027/3027/302725/2727/3027/27
M. DECK LID LENGTH(AT CENTER)I I1116-1/221-5/818-1/420-3/4IS2125-1/4
N. REAR SPOILER HEIGHT
(GROUND TO SPOILER) I" TOLERANCE393939393939393939
0. HIGHEST POINT OF ROOF
*MEASURED FROM GROUND TO TOP OF BUMPER LINE
**FIBERGLASS CAMARO: 47, ALUMINUM OR STEEL CAMARO: 43"